Review information below to familiarize yourself with steps to take in order to arrive and enroll at University of Tennessee.
- Set up your NetID password
- Review Next Steps after Admission
- Request your I-20 or DS-2019
After admission students will receive an email granting access to the iVols international student portal, where they will be able to submit all necessary documents to request an I-20 or DS-2019. Review Estimate of Expenses to prepare required funding documents.
- Review International Pre-arrival Handbook and Pre-Arrival Guide to prepare for arrival
- Pay the SEVIS fee
- Apply for your visa
- Register for an International Student Check-in Session
- Complete immunization requirements
- Arrange Housing
On campus housing: Incoming first-year undergraduate students are required to live on campus and will receive communication from University Housing after paying their enrollment deposit. Undergraduate transfer students may live on or off campus.
Off-campus housing: All graduate students live off campus.
- Travel to Knoxville
Exchange students can prepare for arrival by reviewing the information at Before You Depart.