Welcome to International Student and Scholar Services!
Our mission is to enhance the holistic experience of international students, scholars, and visitors in their arrival, stay, and departure at the University and in the United States; while also supporting collective University efforts to advance globalization, including compliance with relevant U.S. regulations.
We provide orientation and advising to international students after they have been admitted to the university. For information about applying to UT as a student, please visit Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions. ISSS also works with UT departments and colleges to serve international scholars who visit our campus in order to lecture, teach, or conduct research.
The staff of the ISSS is here to help students and scholars understand immigration regulations and their impact. Advisors are available during the week for walk-in advising and appointments. Note that walk-in hours are for brief discussions only (10-15 minutes). For longer discussions, please set up an appointment by calling CGE or e-mailing the advisor directly. We do not make same day appointments.
- Deliver on-going advising services, workshops, and seminars on immigration and non-immigration-related inquiries to students, scholars, campus and community
- Maintain compliance with U.S. regulations and required reporting and record keeping
- Issue and/or file visa documents for students, scholars, faculty and staff
- Provide student and scholar orientation upon arrival
- Deliver training and informational seminars for University departments
- Represent UTK in communication with federal agencies and organizations