Review updates to ISSS operations in the FAQ documents below
In alignment with university policy Center for Global Engagement has moved all operations online. ISSS continues to provide services in a remote format. Please review frequently asked questions in regards to this transition. We appreciate your patience during this time and we look forward to providing all necessary services remotely.
To add yourself to the queue complete the Front Desk Check-In form. If you are taken to a page that says “Successful Check-In” after completing the form, then you have been added to the queue. Enter either your UT Student ID number or your UT email address and select the way by which you would prefer an advisor to contact you (Skype, phone). To set up Skype for Business, follow these directions from OIT.
Once your turn arrives, an advisor will contact you via Skype or call you at the number you list in the form.
Welcome to International Student and Scholar Services!
Our mission is to enhance the holistic experience of international students, scholars, and visitors in their arrival, stay, and departure at the University and in the United States; while also supporting collective University efforts to advance globalization, including compliance with relevant U.S. regulations.
We provide orientation and advising to international students after they have been admitted to the university. For information about applying to UT as a student, please visit Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions. ISSS also works with UT departments and colleges to serve international scholars who visit our campus in order to lecture, teach, or conduct research.
The staff of the ISSS is here to help students and scholars understand immigration regulations and their impact. Advisors are available during the week for walk-in advising and appointments. Note that walk-in hours are for brief discussions only (10-15 minutes). For longer discussions, please set up an appointment by calling CGE or e-mailing the advisor directly. We do not make same day appointments.
- Deliver on-going advising services, workshops, and seminars on immigration and non-immigration-related inquiries to students, scholars, campus and community
- Maintain compliance with U.S. regulations and required reporting and record keeping
- Issue and/or file visa documents for students, scholars, faculty and staff
- Provide student and scholar orientation upon arrival
- Deliver training and informational seminars for University departments
- Represent UTK in communication with federal agencies and organizations