Information on third party websites may change at any time without notice.
- Academic Calendars, Financial Deadlines, Final Exam Schedules, etc.
- Scheduled University Closings
- Academic Catalog
- International tuition payments through flywire by peerTransfer
The Center for International Education cannot make housing arrangements for international students or scholars. In the case of scholars, we hope that the host department can assist with these arrangements. However, CIE has prepared the following information to assist international students and scholars in finding appropriate housing:
NOTE: On-campus housing is only available for undergraduate and graduate students. All freshman undergraduate students must live on campus. International Students have the option to live in UT housing. However, admission to the university does not guarantee housing in the residence halls. Once students are admitted to the university, they will receive a housing contract by e-mail. Students who choose to live on campus must read the contract carefully. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit the University Housing Website.
Please be advised that the Center for International Education is not responsible for the content of any third-party websites listed below. Information on third party websites may change at any time without notice
View a map of hotels near the UT campus or visit their websites directly:
- Corporate Housing
- Maple Grove Inn
- Maplehurst Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Knoxville Hostel
- Four Points Hotel
- Hampton Inn
- Holiday Inn
View a map of apartment complexes near campus.
Find more options in the classifieds ads for housing in the Daily Beacon (UT’s student newspaper).
Other housing options can be found on Craiglist (Knoxville)
Other tips to find housing:
- Once in Knoxville, students and scholars can also search the University Center bulletin board (located near the Post Office) and the International House public bulletin board (located on the lower level) where lease and sublease ads are posted. These boards are not available online.
- Another easy way to find an apartment is to simply walk or drive around the area and look for “apartment for rent” signs. The signs will usually have a contact phone number to find more information about the property for rent.
Life in Knoxville
- Day Care
- Events and Activities
- Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) – public transportation
- Knox County Schools General Information
- UT Counseling Center
- Private Schools
- School Zone Finder
- Knoxville Community
- Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) – electricity, gas, water
- Third Creek Greenway – for cyclists and walkers
Telephone Companies (mobile and landline telephones)
- AT&T 800-331-0500
- Cricket 800-975-3708
- Sprint 888-211-4727
- T-Mobile 800-866-2453
- Verizon 888-294-6804
- Phone Cards: www.idphonecard.com and www.phonecardsavers.com
Embassies, Visas & Immigration Information
- Applying for a visa in Mexico
- Appointments for US Embassies in Canada or Mexico
- Foreign Embassies in the US
- Law Enforcement and Your Rights [PDF]
- Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Request Express Mailing – E-Ship Global
- SEVIS Fee Payment
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- US Embassies Worldwide
- Education USA: US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- US Customs Services
- Advice and Tips for studying in the US:
University of Tennessee Resources
- Hilltopics (Student Handbook)
- OIT Help Desk – Knowledge Base
- UT Dining
- UT International Student Associations