Information on third party websites may change at any time without notice.
- Academic Calendars, Financial Deadlines, Final Exam Schedules, etc.
- Scheduled University Closings
- Academic Catalog
The Center for International Education cannot make housing arrangements for international students or scholars. In the case of scholars, we hope that the host department can assist with these arrangements. However, CIE has prepared the following information to assist international students and scholars in finding appropriate housing:
On-campus housing is only available for undergraduate students. All freshman undergraduate students must live on campus.
International Students have the option to live in UT housing. However, admission to the university does not guarantee housing in the residence halls. Once students are admitted to the university, they will receive a housing contract by e-mail.
Students who choose to live on campus must read the contract carefully. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit the University Housing Website.
View a map of hotels near the UT campus.
Find more options on UT’s off-campus housing page: https://offcampushousing.utk.edu/
Other housing options can be found on Craiglist (Knoxville). Alternatively, once in Knoxville, students and scholars can also search the International House public bulletin board (located on the upper level) where lease and sublease ads are posted.
Life in Knoxville
- Events and Activities
- Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) – public transportation
- Knox County Schools General Information
- UT Counseling Center
- Private Schools
- School Zone Finder
- Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) – electricity, gas, water
- AT&T 800-331-0500
- Cricket 800-975-3708
- Sprint 888-211-4727
- T-Mobile 800-866-2453
- Verizon 888-294-6804
- Phone Cards: www.idphonecard.com and www.phonecardsavers.com
- US Social Security Administration (Official Website)
- CIE Social Security Number and On-Campus Employment Handout
Embassies, Visas & Immigration Information
- Applying for a visa in Canada or Mexico
- Foreign Embassies in the US
- Law Enforcement and Your Rights [PDF]
- Request Express Mailing – E-Ship Global
- SEVIS Fee Payment
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- US Embassies Worldwide
- Education USA: US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- US Customs Services
- Advice and Tips for studying in the US:
University of Tennessee Resources
- Hilltopics (Student Handbook)
- OIT Help Desk – Knowledge Base
- UT Dining
- UT International Student Associations