International Student and Scholar Services

Center for Global Engagement

How do I submit requests in iVols?

Submitting requests in iVols involves filling out simple E-forms. First you must login to iVols using your net ID and password. From the iVols services home page, choose the form from the list on the left side of the web page. Students should normally select F-1 Student Services or J-1 Student Services depending on immigration status. The E-forms contain instructions on how to answer questions, upload documents, etc. Please review the example E-form submission instructions below for the Travel Authorization Request E-form. Other forms will vary in length and process but should be easy to figure out once you become familiar with iVols. If you run into any difficulties understanding how to submit E-forms, just send an email to

EXAMPLE: Travel Authorization Requests

1. Login to iVols

2. Select the appropriate category. For example, F-1 students should choose “F-1 Student Services”

3. Select the appropriate E-form. In this example we are choosing “Travel Authorization Request”

4. Fill out the E-form


5. Click the Submit button


Contribute to big ideas. Give to Global Engagement.

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Big Orange. Big Ideas.

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.