Travel Signature Days Reminder

Did you miss the first travel signature days? Are you traveling outside the U.S. for summer break? Do you need a travel signature?

We have extended our travel signature days to another 3-week period for your convenience! Instead of coming to the I-House on a particular date, you can obtain a travel signature in one business day.

Please note that your travel authorization is required in order to re-enter the U.S. in F-1 of J-1 status. This means that you must have a valid travel signature on the day you re-enter the U.S.

Between April 22 and May 9 you can submit a travel authorization request in iVols, drop off your  I-20 or DS-2019 at CIE and pick up your I-20 or DS-2019 the next day!

F-1 travel signatures are valid for 12 months.

J-1 travel signatures are valid for 6 months

Follow these steps to receive a Travel Signature:
1. Log-in to iVols
2. Fill out and submit the Travel Authorization Request E-Form
3. Log-in to MyUTK to clear any holds. Click on “My Holds” under the “My Services” column
4. Bring your I-20 or DS-2019 to the front desk of CIE between 8am-5pm
5. Pick up your I-20 or DS-2019 with a travel signature the next business day after 12pm

Reminders:
– You can always get a travel signature at our office, but if you submit a request before April 22 or after May 9, it will take about a week to process.
– If you plan to travel inside the U.S., please be sure to take your passport and current I-20 or DS-2019 with you.

*More detailed instructions on how to submit a Travel Authorization Request may be found at https://international.utk.edu/how-do-i-submit-requests-in-ivols/

*More information about travel regulations may be found on our website

If you have any questions about travel signature day, please email international@utk.edu.