The Center for International Education (CIE) is happy to welcome you to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
UT Knoxville buzzes with energy, ideas, and optimism. Great professors, scholars and students from throughout the world live and work in a friendly, safe campus community located in scenic East Tennessee. The campus and its signature “Hill” lure visitors with green space, nearby lakes, and vistas of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The information provided in this handbook should help you throughout your stay in Knoxville. The International Student & Scholar Services staff is always available to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.
Full International Student Handbook
International Student Handbook: Individual Sections
The University of Tennessee & Knoxville, Tennessee:
- About the University of Tennessee
- About Knoxville, Tennessee
- Visa Stamp and Entering the U.S.
- Money Matters
- Graduate Assistantships
- Immigration Information
- What to Wear
- At the Port of Entry
- Getting to Knoxville, Tennessee
- From McGhee Tyson (TYS) Airport
Check-in and Orietation:
- File Opening
- New International Student Orientation
- Other Important Events Following Your Arrival
- Health Insurance
- Campus Activities
- Facilities on Campus
- Stay Safe
- Money and Banking
- Traveling Outside the U.S.
- Final Notes