International Student and Scholar Services

Center for International Education

Welcome International Scholars, Employees, and Visitors

In order to become a J-1 Scholar or Intern at the University of Tennessee, a scholar must be hosted by a UT department. The host-department will be responsible for submitting a J-1 scholar request form and/or J-1 Intern Request Form (Fillable) to CIE. After reviewing and approving the forms and required documents, CIE will issue a DS-2019 for the scholar to apply for a J-1 visa. Scholars will find more useful information using the links below or the menu on the left side of the page.

Incoming Scholars

Contribute to big ideas. Give to International Education.

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Big Orange. Big Ideas.

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.